Thursday, October 13, 2011

Watercolor Portraits


8.5x11" watercolor and gouache on illustration board

16x20" watercolor on illustration board

I have really been getting into watercolor recently. Doing landscapes and portraits alike. Here are two different approaches to the medium, one approached very tightly and stylized and the other approached loosely and quickly, but treating the palette more realistically. I enjoy working quickly and spontaneously, loading the brush thick with water and pigment and letting fly over the canvas, and this method of watercolor has been great in letting me do so--I'm excited to see what else I will be able to produce with more practice.

3 comments:

  1. Chris, After pouring over piles of contemporary work...yours was the first that stop me short. Your work makes me ...? feel...I can't wait to see more of the watercolor portraits.
    Laura Jones-Miller...thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAHH!!! Typos...sorry Stopped me short...gotta hate a typo...L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work. Call me a fan.

    ReplyDelete