Sunday, March 20, 2011

Funzies

This is a self-portrait I whipped up last night. It's 8.5x11" in pencil and was completed in roughly two hours. Special thanks to Kyle Katterjohn for letting me use his pencils and mirror into the wee hours of the morning :)
 Some more recent sketchbook work. This is referenced from a book I found in the library of all these post-mortem photographs that appeared in the NYTimes circa the 1920s--some real cool stuff.  I couldn't decide just how much blood and gore to cover this guy with, so I included three different options of moderation for you to choose from.



I've been getting pretty excited about ink-work, and recently I've been trying to invent figures with shadows using flat graphic shapes in ink. I have a sketchbook dedicated to it--but nothing yet worth posting.
This is a sketchbook spread of some fluid screenshots and/or creative interpretations while watching the film Enter the Void. If you haven't seen this movie yet, do so.

1 comment:

  1. the self potrait came out great.

    ink is a blast. can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete